"Broken Sally"

I am learning everyday that we should approach life humbly.This is the blog of a guy learning how to Love. Most of the posts will center on Love (Holiness). However some may speaking more generally to Christian living or life in general, which all boil down to love for me anyway. A Lot of what is said here, is said from the context of The Salvation Army to which i have commited my life. But being a "broken sally" my words are in no way offical. I am just a guy who wants the best for his church.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Lame Duck Preaching

In the Salvation Army an officer (Pastor/evangelist) receives a phone call letting them know that they have been given a new appointment and from the date of that phone cal the officer has approx. 6 weeks in most cases to get their house in order (both literally and fugitively). This come out of the rapid growth of the early Salvation army and the need for a high level of mobility among all of its leaders.

Well my wife and I are under "Farewell orders". We are 2 weeks into that short transition time. And while we have received our 'marching orders' once before that was a special circumstance where were merging two congregations and so we didn't have to leave our charges, we took them with us.

I have found one of the biggest thing this period has effected for me is my preaching. Much like a president facing the inevitable end of his term I have realized I have precious little time in this place with these people. I have also realized that i have nothing to lose.
Yesterday I found myself Preaching with complete abandon calling the body to Holiness with a new passion and urgency. It is special because i can now recognize leaders weather on the verge of a new appointment, retirement or and some cases even impending death who seemed to be infused with a supernatural energy in there preaching and leadership it is during those times that I was impacted by many of them.

God is Good and this Journey he has us on is an amazing ride!!! not always easy but what a rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring